QUOTE OF DAY:

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

E.E. Cummings

Friday, January 21, 2011

All Things Are Possible To Those Who Believe

I have to apologize for not writing for a few days. I’ve been struggling with a cold that my husband gave me.  It’s one of those head colds, where you’re congested and your head feels like your carrying around a huge weight.  The headaches are the worst part because any little sound seems to be multiplied and quiet is not something easily found within our walls.  We raise our two granddaughters who are both in their teens and believe me quiet is not a word that they know the meaning of.  Between the shouts of get out of my room, the TV or stereo’s blaring,  or that Wii  game ( you know the one where they dance, I think it’s called Just  Dance 2) going full blast, silence is only a luxury around here .  Right now all I really want to do is sleep.   I’m not sure in your house sleep is a word that exist.  In mine, sleep consist of if I’m lucky a couple of hours I squeeze in here or there. 
I’m one of those people who think all the time.  Not that my thoughts are very profound or meaningful but my mind is always on the go.  All my problems seem to follow me to bed and throughout the night that is all I think about.  How are we going to do this?  Where are we going to get that?  It isn’t bad enough that I have to think about them during the day they should at least give me peace at night.  I thought about getting up and writing but nothing was really jumping up at me to talk about and I didn’t want this blog to be about nothings.  So I choose to wait until something profound tapped me on the shoulders and sparked my creative juices to flow.  So here I am ready to write.  Still sniffling and trying not to cough but ready to go.
I got a call yesterday that was so uplifting.  I hope you read my article earlier about the young woman who was in critical condition from a blood clot that traveled to her brain.  Well she was pretty much on life support.  They said that she was in a coma, they were afraid that the damage from the blood clot would pretty much leave her in a state of vegetation.  Well yesterday they shinned a flashlight into her eyes and got retina movement.  The doctors were not expecting this at all.  They spoke to her and she literally moved her eyelids.  I believe it was her husband who stood over her and pleaded with her to open her eyes, and behold she did for only a brief moment.  She was moaning which was an indication that she could feel pain so they gave her medication to help.  Here was a woman whom her chances were far from good has made a major advance forward.  The power of prayer and positive thinking there is no denying that great things can happen when one believes in receiving from God his mercy and love.  She still has a long way to go and of course the doctors say don’t get to excited but these family members have every right to get excited and my prayers will continue to be sent via spiritual networking but I hope all who read this understand the powerful message being told.  NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE!!
So my message for you today is this.  No matter what life throws at you, there is always HOPE.  In the darkest moments of your life there is a light shinning showing you a way.  Don’t believe just in a world that offers you no guarantees or promises, but in a Loving God who will never abandon you.  “Believe” is such an easy word then why is it so hard for us to comprehend. 

1 comment: