QUOTE OF DAY:

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

E.E. Cummings

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Following My Heart

I’m going to follow my heart this morning because that’s what it’s telling me to do.   I received an email yesterday about a fairly young woman who was in the hospital on life support.  She had a blood clot that went to her head and since then, her kidneys aren’t working or functioning well, she has had a few strokes and infection is raging out of control on her poor body.    The last line of the email said “I know God can work miracles…”   
When I read the email it was those last words that brought goose bumps to me.  That immediately invoked my heart to send out a silent prayer for healing, not only for the young woman but for her family as well.  God can and does deliver miracles everyday and these are the moments that when confronted by our helplessness we draw ever closer to the side of God.  He is never far from our cries and hears every word spoken even those that are whispered in the silent confine of our hearts.
I sent along a prayer about healing power and told the writer to read it aloud to her.  I believe that even in a state of unconsciousness our spirit still hears and acknowledges especially those familiar voices and records those words as truth.  I am not a doctor nor do I have any background in medical procedures etc. but I believe that the spirit we reside in is very much alive at all times.  Look at the instance of Rep.Gabrielle Giffords.   It was and still is her fighting spirit that is allowing  her progress to advance so quickly.   
The spirit that we have is so powerful and constantly connected to God.  It is our desire to push past the obstacles and believe that God is working systematically with us to bring about the desired results we need.  Healing power does come from within, when we surrounded those who are sick with our words of encouragement we deliver and reinforce healing to transcend.  Encourage her that she does have the power within her and that she is not alone that God and you her loved ones are right there to help me.  Let her know that baby steps are o.k. in her recovery and that you will be there to walk them with her.
I would suggest to you meditate, go within to that place within yourself that is peaceful and let the serenity of God fill you with the strength you will need now to be strong.  He is your teacher and will show you how to help your loved one.  He will display ways to bring the power of joy back into your loved ones life.  You can do it; God would not have allowed this terrible incident into your lives if you didn’t have the tools you needed to accomplish your mission. 
There is a great passage in John 14:12 that says “Truly, Truly I say to you, he who believes in me, will also do the work that I do and greater works than these will he do.”  What greater promise could we receive than that, greater works than these will he do.  The key word here is “BELIEVES”.  The heart knows when one truly believes it isn’t something you can fool or try to deceive.  I believe that if this young woman has more to fulfill here on this planet, if she still has lives she must touch and wisdom she must deliver then the miracle will come no matter what the doctors say. 
I am going to enclose the prayer that I sent in case anyone else is in need of it.  Just replace the name with your own.
Awe-inspiring Healing Power

We are witnessing the awe-inspiring power of God descend down upon you Pam his Healing Power. We  see his power  manifest and grow as it embodies every fiber, cell, tissue and organ within your body to be cleansed and restored back to it’s original healthy state.  Illness has now succumb to the Power of God. Your body Pam is now responding, as your vitals are displaying signs of functioning  once again as stable and normal levels.  Divine Healing has triumphantly transcended beyond our wildest expectations.  Pam , God has placed now within you the power to restore your body to wholeness.  You are Divinely Protected and Loved as a child of God’s and nothing can or will stop you from living a normal healthy life.

Gerri Stonebrook

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Mom...written so beautifully with so my heart. Great scripture reference too! Love that one and your are right - the key word being BELIEVE:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete